Hello friends!!
wooo I made it through week one of camp. not that it was terribly difficult I mean it was just a BUNCH of staff training and we had C.I.T camp which is training with the C.I.T's (counselors-in -training). We pretty much taught them what we had to learn. Needless to say it was a lot of information for the time frame we had with them. Next week starting Tuesday is more staff training for us. woo then we finish on Friday with 24ish hours of tadpole camp. for that so far I know we have at least 50 little kindergartners and first graders coming for the evening. they will for sure keep us on our toes.
So I bet your asking what is camp like. the facilities and the people right? well it is a beautiful camp ground. I am in a cabin called Farlow on the west side. each cabin has about 14ish bunks. I am in the cabin with the kids but I have my own Bathroom which is great. I will be sharing it with CIT's when they are here but its mostly mine. I will post pictures when I get my cabin looking awesome for the kids. So for people wise we have a great summer staff. There are 2 other female counselors 3 male counselors our nurse and then Justine (my boss) and Gina who works in the office. everyone has pretty much taken on a role these past few days and its funny how i really can pick out who is who. I get along with everyone for the most part. it is looking like we are gonna have a great summer.
My spiritual walk right now is ON FIRE! One of the task we had to do during the first few training days was to make a spiritual development plan. I found this EXTREMELY helpful because I'm not good at making time for myself and God. It is just something I have always struggled with. But when we had to go take time to figure out our summer plan I got to really think about how i should break things down. Then we had to share with the group so it is extra accountability to keep me to it which is WONDERFUL. on top of that I got to go to a church today that had wonderful messages in Sunday school and for the worship service God has just been really filling and preparing my heart for these kids that will be in my life this summer. He is also preparing me for the times I am home and away from the solid Christian environment. I just feel closer to Him and I LOVE IT!! but also keep me in prayer with this because there are gonna be those days that are hard especially working with the kids on this camp. But yeah God is so good.
On top of that to make my week I saw a friend from college at the church this morning which made me soooooo excited haha. I have been dying for one of those connections to see a school friend or to go to Westview to work with the students there (I miss it sooooooooo much!! Love you Guys!!) and just to see Carter there who is from my church at school and from school just uplifted my heart. =]
Well laundry is calling me to go check soooo until next post
Love & Sun,
Honeysosweet!!
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment