Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Days 7-11 ....oops =]

Hey everyone!

sorry the Updates just dropped off either there wasn't a whole lot for the day or we got back late and I was too tired to blog. I am home tight now but not for long I am leaving around 2:30-3:00 to head over to Indiana for my summer camp counseling job. I am excited to see what God has in store for me there and am ready to get back in the counseling groove!

So what did days 7- 11 hold?

7 we went to the mall to just hang out we didn't do a whole lot (and because its been so long I can't remember every detail of that day).

8 we ended up back at the mall to make build-a bears (owls). We went in and were looking at all the different animals we could make and all the different outfits before we decided to start making them. the reason I choose the owl (which I was contemplating on) is because the head actually spins 360 like a real owl it was so awesome lol. Then if you have never built a bear they make you do this ridiculous thing with the heart you have to war it hum between your hands, pat it to give it a beat, hold it to your stomach so it is always full, hold it to your heart to it gets a lot of love, hold it to your ear so it hears all your secrets, hold it to your forehead take it smart like you, make a wish and kiss it to seal it, put it in the bear. Yeah as me and Angela were doing this we are laughing here we are 22 years old making stuffed owls at Build-A-Bear. Nevertheless me and Angela now have stuffed owls that are dressed like wizards. (we are lame sometimes). Anyway that night we went bowling and I won a free awesome tie dye shirt that says Galactic Bowl...that's right be jealous ha.

9 we went and Meet up with Angela's Best friend Ashley and hung out with her. and Angela had worship band practice SO I stayed at the house and took a nap. Then we packed up the car so we could leave after church.

Day 10 we woke up and went to church which was a GREAT service. Much needed to hear. then we had lunch with the fam and said our goodbyes. We had a 9 (little did we know we were gonna make it 10) hour drive a head of us. so we are going 2 hrs in we get triple espresso shots Carmel Mocchiatos....that sure woke us up and what do 2 hyper 22 year olds do while bored in a car? We play the truck game (where you get them to honk at you) and make random decisions to to to Niagara Falls. That's right if D.C and N.Y.C weren't enough we made our way to one of the 7 wonders of the world Niagara Falls. and if we would have had pass ports we would have gone Canada side! but we didn't so we ended up state side. We had kept seeing signs saying Niagara Niagara...and finally Ange was like we should see how far and i said lets so we did. an hour out of our way in total time about 25 mins each way and we saw the falls. beautiful of course. we then made it in around 12:30 and said our goodbyes since she went to her college room ates house for the night.

Over all the Trip was AMAZING!!!! we did so much and God blessed me so much to be able to do this trip.

Day 11 Home I had to do laundry and get myself ready to leave today. But got to do more than just that. Went out and laid pool side for about 20-25 mins then it started sprinkling, then once Angela's roommate went to work as if 10 day weren't enough I went and picked her up and we hung out some more while I packed up. Then my best friend came over and we got to hang out till 1:00 am. so why I am writing this at 7 am makes no sense to me. But I am wide awake.

So today I leave for camp. I know that posting will be more difficult than it was on the trip but hope to post 2 times a week but I will def. post once. But please keep this time or me in prayer. I am meeting new people and ministering to the kids. It will be a difficult, fun time but I want I to be more than that. I want God to truly work through me. Romans 10:15 (my favorite verse) "And how can they preach unless they are sent, as it is written, how beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news." I am going to spread the love of Christ to kids and teens. what a privilege to chosen for this task. I want to be sure to bring my best as I always do when working with teens. Isn't God GREAT!!??

Anyway that is it for now I love you all!

Love & Sun,
Honeysosweet

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're having a good summer! Have a great time at camp!

    ReplyDelete