Hey!
so I warned you that I may not be on very often it's been 2 weeks and an interesting 2 weeks at that. last week we had a bit more staff training ended by Tadpole camp which was like 8ish 6 & 7 year olds. they were fun but you had to have lots of energy with them. 26 hours felt like a week, but they were fun. that was probably one of my most difficult weeks I'm not much of a little kid person hence why I'm in adolescent/ Youth ministry. But God gave me the strentgh then I went home with Crystal for the night since we only got 22 hours off before having to be back to prepare for Jr. High camp.
What a week it was. we had 24 students and I actually got to use my own cabin!! =] it was a week packed with random competitions for first place, in which, my team came in second in EVERYTHING putting us in 2nd over all. It was fun games like volleyball, nasty food relay, ultimate Frisbee, egg football, counselor hunt, a game called persecuted church (its really fun I'll explain below!),a picture scavenger hunt nd other random things. As a team we had to come up with a name and a cheer haha. Our name was the black energizers and our cheer was actually really annoying haha. it was like WSe are the black energizers and we keep going and going and going and going and going and going and going.....you get the idea we did it till they told us to stop haha. so that was fun.
So the game persecuted church is like the camp ground has turned into a 3rd world country where being a christian is illegal and the point is to make it to the "worship service without getting caught. there are clues and people at each point and to move on they have to give the right [password but there are deceivers who give wrong passwords and the kids get really frustrated and it is funny. But the point is to show them that there are people that go through this kinda stuff. its really fun like I said.
But the best part of this week was definitely the messages. they were not only for the Jr. High students but it hit me as a counsel our as well. it hit so hard that the kids didn't know what to do with it . Saying this is hitting too hard to fast. Talking about the holy spirt. there were many teens that accepted Christ into their lives and thats what we are here for. and there where others how are going for deeper relationships with Christ. It was such a good camp.
So yeah that is what has been going on. today has been my lazy day off Made a walmart run. which when you are on camp all the time who doesn't need that =] and have just been chillin out.
This coming week is Sr. High camp. It's supposed to be more spiritually intense which is super exciting and we are getting to my age range. =] I'm not really good with younger till about 4thish grade but give me sr. highers and I am so ready!! =] well that is it for now.
Love & Sun,
Honeysosweet
Saturday, June 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment